We’ve observed visitors treating avocados like oranges, trying to peel them! So, we’ll share this basic tip on preparing the avocado and making guacamole from our friends at www.allrecipes.com! The Editors.
How to Prepare Avocados: Versatile and healthy, avocados are great for salads, sandwiches, and for making guacamole. Click to see a video for tips and tricks for how to peel, remove the seed, and cut up avocados. Get great tips for picking perfect avocados at the grocery store and for storing under-ripe avocados at home. Check out the simple technique for cutting or dicing an avocado while it’s still in the peel. Flavor, versatility, and nutrition – avocados have it all!
Original Recipe Yield: 4 servings
- 3 avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 plum (or Italian) tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt.
- Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper.
- Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
Click to PRINT this recipe: Homemade Guacamole from allrecipes.com
Watch a video on how to make this recipe at: http://allrecipes.com/video/134/how-to-prepare-avocados/detail.aspx
By: Bob Cody from www.allrecipes.com