Saturday, December 1-2, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Playa Linda, Playa El Palmar and Playa La Ropa Beaches, Swimming Event, “Cuarta Travesía Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo”: Ixtapa Zihuatanejo’s got beaches! Even if you’re not a swimmer, you will enjoy this swimming competition. Everyone is invited with no cost for attendance. To see pictures of past events, visit: Turisterotv Ixtapa Zihuatanejo.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, December 7 – 9, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Ixtapa 2012 RUCCO Surfer and Family Event, Playa Linda Beach in front of the Trailer Park, Ixtapa: Ixtapa Zihuatanejo is known for its great surfing! The whole family is invited to participate or attend this sixth annual event, designed to integrate and develop the sport in the Ixtapa Zihuatanejo community because of its wonderful beaches. Surfing is not only a sport, but a way to enjoy life. There will be free surfing lessons for boys and girls, and competition between them after the lessons. There will be a surfing competition with both Mexican and foreign surf legends. There will also be sand sculptures, paddle board demonstrations, ecology lectures, beach cleaning and an awards party. To sign up for the competitions, contact Catcha L’Ola at (755) 553 1384 or see RUCCO SURFER & FAMILIA 07 al 09 de dic. 2012 Playa Linda Come out and enjoy!
Sunday, December 9, 5:00 p.m., El Pueblito Restaurant in Zihuatanejo, Music Concert by the Children of the Music and Art School of Zihuatanejo: Please come out and support our aspiring young musicians! The children of “Escuela de Musica y Arte de Zihuatanejo” invite you to their concert to enjoy a new generation of talented musicians ages from 6 to 17. Admission is a minimum donation of $20 Pesos.
Saturday, December 15 – Thursday, December 20, Rhythms of Brazil (“Ritmos de Brasil): The International Guitar Festival of Zihuatanejo is proud to announce that it has invited the renowned classical guitarist and teacher Arnaldo Freire, and his select team of musicians and teachers from Goiania, Goias, Brazil, to offer a series workshops and concerts.
- Guitar Workshop for Children: Saturday, December 15 to Tuesday, December 18, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. – Each child should bring their own acoustic guitar. Space is limited. Cost: $ 300.00 pesos. Location: Institute Lizardi A. C., Ares Street, No. 5, Col: The Hujal, Zihuatanejo, Gro. CP 40880
- Guitar Workshop for Adults (with prior experience or interest in improving their technique and guitar teachers): Saturday, December 15 to Tuesday, December 18, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Each student has to come up with their own acoustic guitar. Space is limited to 20 guitarists. Cost: $ 300.00. Location: Restaurante El Pueblito, Av Morelos 249, Col: Centro, Zihuatanejo, Gro. 40880
- Adult Choir Workshop (free admission): Saturday, December 15 to Wednesday December 19, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Location: Restaurante El Pueblito, Av Morelos 249, Col: Centro, Zihuatanejo, Gro. 40880
The workshops have limited seating and registration is required. Register at: Restaurante El Pueblito, Av Morelos 249, Col: Centro, Zihuatanejo, Gro. 40880 Phone 755-544-6851, 755-105-0336, and the Institute Lizardi A. C., Ares Street, No. 5 COL: The Hujal, Zihuatanejo, Gro. CP 40880. For more information Phone 755-102-6670 or 755 -128-3987
Friday and Saturday, December 14 and 15, Christmas Concert by the Children of Morelia: You will enjoy a special Christmas treat of songs performed by the children’s choir from our Sister City of Morelia, Michoacán. There will be two (2) performances:
- Friday, December 14, 8:00 p.m., Hotel Fontan in Ixtapa: General admission is $100 Pesos per person and $250 Pesos per person for VIP seating.
- Saturday, December 15, 7:00 p.m., “Cancha Municipal”/Basketball Court, Zihuatanejo: Admission is free to all!
Saturday, December 22, 6:30 p.m. – 9:30p.m., Annual Christmas Party “Posada,” Playa La Madera: It’s a community Christmas Party! Enjoy this unique holiday experience by sharing a party with members of the Playa La Madera beach community in Zihuatanejo. Local know how to get there and tourists can ask any taxi driver to take them to La Madera Beach. This warm, small community resort area offers some fantastic restaurants and small hotels. For more information, visit: Posada navideña 2012. Everyone is invited to attend!
Monday, December 24 and Tuesday, December 25, MERRY CHRISTMAS! The Mexican tradition is to have a feast, late on December 24, Christmas Eve. Americans and Canadians usually have their main celebration on December 25, Christmas Day. Whenever you celebrate, we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Listen to our selection of Christmas music: Music | imagine-mexico.com.