We are publishing this special update since there are so many special events and activities happening in Ixtapa Zihuatanejo during March! New events have been added!!!!
CARNAVAL ZIHUATANEJO! Started yesterday – Sunday, March 17 at Cancha Municipal (basketball court) in Zihuatanejo: We just verified with the Office of Visitors and Conventions that the activities will all be along the waterfront at Cancha Municipal (basketball court) in Zihuatanejo. The days and times of activities have changed since first announced. Enjoy!
- Today, Wednesday, March 13, 6:00 p.m.: “Carnaval Night” with an international ballet, clowns, singers and musical groups.
- Thursday, March 14, 6:00 p.m.: “Burning of Bad Humor and Opening Ceremonies officiated by Mayor Eric Fernández with ballet and music.
- Friday, March 15, 6:00 p.m.: “Coronation of the Queen of the Carnaval,” international artists and dancing with an international ballet from the Gay Community
- Saturday, March 16, 6:00 p.m.: “Floats and Parades,” through Zihuatanejo, then a ceremony at Cancha Municipal with international ballet and music. Mayor Eric Fernández is scheduled to participate at 9:00 p.m.
- Sunday, March 17, 8:00 p.m.: “Closing Ceremonies” with a ballet from “Casa de la Cultura” (Culture House), dancing and singing.
Saturday, March 16, 8:00 a.m., CLEAN THE BEACH in front of Azul Ixtapa Beach Resort. Let’s keep our beaches clean! Come out and help clean and maintain our pristine beaches.
Monday, March 18, 2:00p.m. – 5:00 p.m., HANDMADE ART FAIR at “Enramada Rosita” Restaurant in Barra de Potosi. The Women’s Co-op of Barra de Potosi invites you to come and enjoy the day in beautiful Barra de Potosi. Join them for snacks and shop for a handmade treasures at their Second Art Fair! Barra de Potosi is located about 20 minutes south of Zihuatanejo on Interstate 200. Go to the “Archotes” turn-off and proceed to the beach. “Enramada Rosita” Restaurant is located in Barra de Potosi, almost at the end of the road. Drive or stroll past the village and keep going around the curve along the front of the lagoon…there is lots of parking.
Monday, March 25 – Saturday, April 6, PETATLÁN FAIR: Live music, regional food, rodeo, Flying Men from Papantla, crafts, comedians, singers, dancing, flea market, cockfights, rides and many fun activities!
All Month, GERALD SHAW EXHIBITION OF WOOD CARVINGS at Galaria Coco Cabaña (next door to Coconut’s Restaurant) in Zihuatanejo. A must to see! Visit the gallery during this month to see and purchase this spectacular collection. See our Culture Page: Gerald Shaw Exhibition of Wood Carvings Opens in Zihuatanejo | imagine-mexico.com.
All Month, Tuesday thru Friday, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., ART, CULTURE AND TRADITION FESTIVAL: Enjoy spectacular shows, music, dancing, art, food and crafts at this annual festival. Admission is free!
- Tuesday and Thursday in Zihuatanejo at the Municipal Basketball Court (Cancha Municipal)
- Wednesday and Friday in Ixtapa on the main boulevard in across from Emporio Hotel
For more information about the Ixtapa Zihuatanejo area, see: