March is full of exciting cultural activities along the Mexican coastline of Ixtapa Zihuatanejo! Come out and enjoy a month full of wonderful times.
Friday – Sunday, March 1-3, A FUSION OF FLAVORS FROM GUERRERO AND MICHÓACAN at Capella Resort in Ixtapa. You are invited to enjoy a gastronomic treat with Chef Alexander Branch of Capella Ixtapa and Chef Miguel Baltazar from Morelia. Don’t miss this event!
- March 1: Cocktail Party. 8:00 p.m.—10:00 p.m. Enjoy an evening full of textures and flavors with exquisite cocktails. Poolside. $50.00 USD* per person
- March 2: Cooking Expositions
- 11:00 a.m.: The flavors of Guerrero with Chef Alexander Branch. Cost: $40 USD*/person
- 3:00 p.m.: The flavors of Michoacán with Chef Miguel Baltazar. Cost $40 USD*/person
- 8:30 p.m.: Chef’s Table Gourmet Dinner. Enjoy a gourmet dinner hosted by the Chefs. Cost: $65.00 USD*/person
- March 3: Brunch. 11:00 a.m.—2:00 p.m. Traditional flavors from Guerrero and Michoacán. Cost: $35.00 USD* /person
- Additional Charge for Tax: 15%
Sunday, March 3 – Sunday, March 10, ZIHUATANEJO INTERNATIONAL GUITAR FESTIVAL: Get ready for a week of live music in paradise with performances by musicians from around the world. Everyone is invited to attend. For a line-up and preview of performing artists, visit www.zihuafest.info . The Zihuatanejo International Guitar Festival was founded in 2004, to bring international music, culture and tourism to Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo, Mexico. Every spring, the non-profit, community funded festival brings guitarists from all over the world to our piece of paradise here on the Pacific Coast of Mexico.
The Opening Concert will be held on Sunday, March 3rd at Playa Madera, on the sand, in Zihuatanejo. There are three public access entrances to the beach, with walkways. You can´t miss it. There will be table seating for 500 (no need to bring a blanket). Local restaurants will have food stands. Cover charge is $150 pesos per person, doors open at 6 p.m., show starts at 7 p.m. and ends at 11 p.m. Seating is 1st come, 1st served. See the complete schedule below for show dates and information for ticket sales.
Sunday, March 10, 7:30 a.m., SECOND ANNUAL 5K WALK FOR HELENE KREBS ANIMAL FOUNDATION, on Paseo de Viveros in Ixtapa: Come out and support our local animal shelter. Helen Krebs was one of the first American women to live in Zihuatanejo. The animal shelter is named in her memory. The shelter helps hundreds of stray and injured animals each year. You can sign up to walk at Casa Marina Restaurant, on the main beach in Zihuatanejo. A minimum donation of $30 Pesos is requested. Whether you walk or come to spectate, please support this important cause! For more information about the Helene Krebs, see: Humane Society of Zihuatanejo Helps and Cares for Local Strays | imagine-mexico.com.
Tuesday – Sunday, March 12 – 17, CARNAVAL ZIHUATANEJO! at Cancha Municipal (basketball court) in Zihuatanejo: Come out and enjoy the “Carnaval!” with your total family and friends. Enjoy dancing, songs and lots of activities.
- Tuesday, March 12, 7:00 p.m.: Opening Ceremonies
- Wednesday, March 13, 8:00 p.m.: “Dance of Embassy Costumes,” opening of the Gallery of International Expositions, and international foods.
- Thursday, March 14, 8:00 p.m.: “Child King Contest,” games and activities for children.
- Friday, March 15, 8:00 p.m.: “Coronation of the King of Joy” and an international ballet from the Gay Community.
- Saturday, March 16, 8:00 p.m.: “Coronation of the Queen of the Carnaval,” international artists and dancing.
- Sunday, March 17, 8:00 p.m.: “Floats and Parades,” plus an international ballet and closing ceremonies.
Monday, March 25 – Saturday, April 6, PETATLÁN FAIR: Live music, regional food, rodeo, Flying Men from Papantla, crafts, comedians, singers, dancing, flea market, cockfights, rides and many fun activities!
All Month, GERALD SHAW BENEFIT EXHIBITION OF WOOD CARVINGS at Galaria Coco Cabaña (next door to Coconut’s Restaurant) in Zihuatanejo. A must to see! Visit the gallery during this month to see this spectacular collection. The gallery will be open Tuesday – Sunday, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. See our Culture Page: Gerald Shaw Exhibition of Wood Carvings Opens in Zihuatanejo | imagine-mexico.com.
All Month, Tuesday thru Friday, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., ART, CULTURE AND TRADITION FESTIVAL: Enjoy spectacular shows, music, dancing, art, food and crafts at this annual festival. Admission is free!
- Tuesday and Thursday in Zihuatanejo at the Municipal Basketball Court (Cancha Municipal)
- Wednesday and Friday in Ixtapa on the main boulevard in across from Emporio Hotel
For more information about the Ixtapa Zihuatanejo area, see: