By: Patricia Ann Talley, MBA and Editor
Our readers have requested more information on medical services that are available in our area. Recently, we had friends who were in need of emergency airlift services, so information about these services is needed.
In general, U.S. and Canadian healthcare plans do not provide coverage when traveling outside of the countries, or for foreign residents living abroad. If they do provide some coverage, it is usually only to the closest adequate facility instead of transporting you back home.
According to the Consumer Reports Organization (http://www.consumerreports.org), travelers and foreign citizens living abroad are advised to consider purchasing emergency medical evacuation insurance, in case they become ill or injured, that would return you to a hospital and medical services in your home country.
SkyMed™ medical evacuation services are available to residents and tourists in the Ixtapa Zihuatanejo area, with local representative Gina Fiore and Craig Rochlis. Click to download the company brochure: SkyMed brochure- craig and gina local contacts.
According to the company’s website, plans include:
- Air Ambulance Membership Services
- Medical Air Evacuation
- Emergency Travel Services
- Travel Protection
- Personal Concierge Services
- No co-pays; no deductibles; no claim forms
Various plans are available:
- Short Term Plans – For weekenders and casual travelers, 4 to 21 days
- Global Travelers -Worldwide Travel Protection
- Expatriate (NATO) Plans for Mexican residents who want to return to the USA or Canada for hospital care
- Annual Plans – Frequent travelers or business travelers, and for those who spend six months or less in Mexico, who want to return to the USA or Canada for hospital care
You can contact the local representatives for more information, or for information about presentations in Ixtapa or Zihuatanejo.
Craig Rochlis & Gina Fiore
Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa Representatives
USA & Canada direct to Mexico: (479) 304 4758
Local Mexican Cells: (755) 113-6722 or (755) 100-5824
mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or, mailto:email@example.com
Rep # 406831
For more information about the Ixtapa Zihuatanejo area, see: